Thursday 26 March 2015

Evaluation Question 4

Here are my answers to the evaluation question 4.I've answered them in the format of a Prezi as i had my slides I wanted to include and talk about,but didn't want them to take lots of space up on my blog.I've included every piece of media technology I've used throughout my whole project and gone into depth about how I've used them.






Part 2

Videoed explanations of how i used some of the media technologies in my project

I decided to show on these videos media technologies i had used during the process of my project and show you the way in which i used them.them. I've also demonstrated some of my work ive created on these sites also and how they've helped me during each process in getting to the final point.I felt a video explanation allowed me to express the way i felt about using these new and old sites and gave me more of an opportunity to visually show you how these media technologies benefited me huge amounts throughout my project.

I decided to show some of the sites i felt were the most important to explain,i also included some hardware essentials that helped me out alot also. Combining these together i explain how without the use of media technologies enabled me to develop on my already existing skills and use them to the best of my ability enhancing my design process throughout.Here are the videos below...






















Adobe Photoshop & Premier Pro

Adobe Photoshop and PremierPro were the two most significant piece of media software i used throughout the whole process of my project.They enabled me to create everything i have to a high degree with the features they offer.I decided to explain in much more detail how i used both these programmes in order to achieve finished products to the standard i hoped.

Having already had existing knowledge of Photoshop from my 1st year,this gave me great confidence when it came to using it for the 2nd year tasks.I already had knowledge of how to use it and i knew this would be an advantage to me during the process.The main use of Photoshop in this project for me was when it came to the designing process of my ancillary texts,mainly.This was because at this point,i had to use Photoshop to turn a plain image into a music advert and create a digipak from scratch. Looking at how i used this media technology,i started by using it as a base template. Photoshop offers you a blank space to work from and this was really helpful for my music advert.I changed the size of the 'international paper' to A4,so i could make my design the right size at first,so i didn't have to go back and change it later on which would've of caused me a lot of problems and wasted valuable time.Focusing on my music advert to begin with, Photoshop enabled me to create my design from scratch,initially i started playing around with image placement which was very easy to do on this software programme.I imported images directly onto my paper template and began manipulating their size using the transformation tool in order to obtain a successful image.This didn't take very long as this media technology offered me tools that allowed me to change image size almost instantly and to any size i want which was very helpful.For the main image of the hands on my music advert,i used the free transformation tool to enlarge the image so it fit side to side with the page as i wanted it to be the central focus, to make it fit perfectly at each side.This was really helpful and allowed me to achieve the design i wanted to really quickly.

This media technology also has many font styles to choose from,this sped up my design process once again.For the bottom half of my advert where i have listed the names of company's who have rated my album,i wanted the font to be simplistic but not the standard 'Ariel' font you might find.Because Photoshop had so many diverse font styles it allowed me to choose one that worked perfect for me and fit around the rest of my whole advert.The steps i took were simple,i could type my chosen text manually and it would appear straight away then I could drag and drop in into my preferd spot and it was done.Another way i used this media technology in my music advert was when it came to importing the lip design.Rather than picking a design that was already pre made i wanted to make my own up that would match and have elements of all my other products to create continuity.To do this,i impoted the main image i used for my front cover of my digipak.I cropped the desing out leaving just the lips,i then used the magic easrer tool to black out some of the surrounding areas.As this wasnt enough,i then took the easrer on a softend blend mode and manually did it myself,using the easrer on a softend blend mode allowed me to gradually take away the edges with the outcome looking subtle against the sides of the actuall image rather than it been harsh if it was done with a normal earser.Once i'd got down to the lips i dragged and dropepd in onto the template i was working on.I then used the transformation tool to manipularte the size and shrink it down really small to beign creating my desired border.Once i found the perfect size,the rest of the process was made really easy.I then just used a copying tool and pasted the rest across,using the curser to drag them into position.For the main title of 'Lola' which appears throughout my whole product i used a layerr style/blend on it.Using this it allowed me to create a drop shadown on the text.This created a shadowed edge around ym text allowing it to look 3D asif its standing off the page.It instantly chanegd the way the text looked,having the layer blend on it ment the text was no loner flat to the page instead was standing of it.Using Photoshop allowed me designing process to be sucsessful due to what the software programme offers,as i got further into my process i began to relaise Photoshop was aiding me alot in saving time,it was allowing me to create an music advert of a professional standard with ease.

During the creation of my digipak the only software suitbale for use was Photoshop.I tried other programmes such as the standard 'Paint' even microsoft programmes as they allow you to do simialr things,however none of them offerd the same complexity that Photoshop did so it was an easy desicon.As i had never created a digipak before,i initally found it quite challenging.A very helpful technique i used for ym digipak was citting out images for use.As i wanted to include my main model on there in different poses,i knew i had to cut around her and crop bits out as i dint want to background,and iw anted to impose the image onto a more wacky desing that fit in with my overall theme.To do this,this software programme allowed me to crop my desired image down,from there i began cutting out around my model.It allowed me to zoom so far in i could see the change in pixel colour,so i could use a really tiny brush to get rid of the slight lightness around the image.This was really effecient as i didnt waste time going abnck fourth trying to get it right.The back cover of my digpak was the most challengin paert to create and Photoshop helped me a lot during that process.I used the sqaure box tool to create a backgound for my text,as i wnated some of the writing white i decided to create a block effect that held the text of all the song titles.I did this by using the square tool anf using the paint bucket to fill it in with the pink and white colours.This was really helpful as it ment i didnt have to change my design because of it,and i could write over the image.I used a similar process to embed the pink and white design on some of the cover to,except i used a tranformation tool to lengthen out the block allowing it to fit side to side.I did this because i felt it tied in nicely with the rest of the design and ment i could incorperate all the colours i used throughout my whole design.

Little elements such as the music record labels and copyrioght writing on the back of my digipak,i imported them from my own files but used Photoshop to edit them first before i could put them on my finished design.The copyright writing initally was black,so i had to make adjustments to that,as i know my design wouldn't of looked as good in white.This media technolgoy made the process of editing and changing it really easy,something that would'nt of been possible to do if i used a different software programme.Another and really important element to point out is the sue of layers.Without Photoshop offering the use of layers,the process would'nt be as effective.Using the layers allowed me to to put one thing on top of the other,for example but my background behind my chosen image of my model wihtout ruining the design all together.It ment i could have multiple things on the same page but if something went wrong,for exsmple early in on the process i want nearly done with ym desing but made a desicion i ddint like and wanted to get rid of it,if i hadnt of put it on a seperate layer i may of well lost the whole of my design.They proved very helpful to me throught the process,they almost acted as a saftety net if soemthign went wrong.Editing my images on Photoshop for ym digipak was essential,alothough they looked fine as they were iwanted to manipulate tghe lighting etc.I used the levels and curves option to change the hue and saturation within my images.I lightened some areas and created shadows in others,adding a bit more of a professional edge to the image.I also went on to experiment with filters and this media technology offerd me the choice of adding a colour balance to my whole image.In the end i opted out of the colour as i felt it overpowerd my full design,however i stuck with the contrasting levels i previously adjusted.

To conclude,without the use of this media software i wouldbe really stuggled to create professional looking products.It enabled me to use all the tools to my best advantage,in the way i wnated them to.It made the whole design process a lot more acsessible,it terms of me feelign confident enough to challenge and use new tools in order to obtain results that look professional and fit for purpsoe.Overall this media technology helped me a great deal throught my creational process.


PremierPro


Prior to this project i have never used PremierPro before,and had no knowdlege of how to use it what so ever.Previously i had used a video editing programme breifly,but not enough to gain knowledge and skills from it.So when it came to using this editing software i was really apprehensive of what to do.Initially,it took me alot of time to get used to it,when i first went on i had no clue where to start the work station it offered was very big and confusing and i didn't know where to start or even how to get my footage on there.Because of this,i attended over lunch times quite often and the media technician helped to show me how it works and what the basics of the software were,as i knew if i didnt ask for help at this stage it may of took me alot longer to work out how it did work,wasting time that i ddint have.After learning the basics,i felt the best way to learnw as to keep going on the software and playing about with it,i was working on an edit suite to there was two screens to look at which was initially abit daunting but i understood why as i got further into the process.

When i first gatherd my first footage i began importing into my work station,one my one i could replay the files on a little screen before actually dragging them into my timeline.I did this with every file to make sure it was the right one.There was two little { and } icons under the screen where i could preview my file,these became really helpful to me.They allowed me to start and stop scetions of the file and cut the other bits off within that file that i didnt like.As when filming theres ususally talking at the beginning or end or sometime a few laughs, these tools enabled me to keep my footage just select the section i wanted for my actual video.Once i had done that i could then drag my sectioned off peice into my timeline effeciently and it would only show the bits withint the {} that i chose.This tool within the software is really effective,its a quick way of cropping your file before you put it anywhere,it saves time during the process and allows you to create a clip really quickly.Moving on from that i began looking at transitions.I didnt initally use these as i dint want to over complicate the process as i was very new to the software but i got more confident i felt they would look really good.I opened up the option bar and selecetd the transition i wanted,i could then drag them onto and ontop of the clip i wanted there to be a transition.It was really quite and when i played the clip back the transition worked straight away.I was really happy with this,as it added dimension to my footage without much hassle.

As i progressed in my editing process i began wanting to overlap to files ontop fo eachother,i had no idea how this was done.I tried dragging a file of my male model on top of the main female model but it just counteracted one and other and would only show 1 file.I had a look online but couldnt find what i was looking for there either.After much deliobaeration i was thinking back to the tools i used in Photoshop and understood that in photoshop if you want one image to be seen over another you put them on top of eachother the use the opacity tool so they're both shown.It instantly clocked that this could be the same technique for this prgramme and it was,in the end i found the opacity and motion tool in the upper bar.It let me decrease the opacity allowing two clips to be shown at once,i was so happy with the outcome.I felt like it was letting me incorperate lots of things at once and mde the clips look really exciting and not all the same.As you can see in my music video i applied this technique in a few places throughout.

Another thing this media technology allowed me to do was insert a colour over my clips.As i wanted to incorpaerate similiar colours throughout i inserted a pink colour to match my other products over some of the clips.This was done by inserting RGB COLOURS option over my clip,this allowed me to play aorund with the colours on my clip.At this point i identified that i could also change the levels of my clip which i was really happy about.I brightend some of the shots and distorted the colours on other to get that really significant POP effect.At first i found it quite tricky but once i became quite confident with it,thie software allowed me to create a music video in the best possible way i could.Placing my song track on the timeline i also found very easy to do,i uploaded it straight from my files and dragged the audio across and onto the timeline two under where my clips was,from there it would play over my clips.I thought it may be hard to try and match up the lip syncing with the track at first,but it wasnt.Even though i cropped the clips down initially,i had to go back and make a few adjustments throughout.It was suprisingly simple that to cut down a clip that was already in my timeline all i had to do was drag it the opposite way and it would cut it down.This was suprisingly easily but worked really well and ment i didnt have to remove it from the timeline altogether and start from scratch.

Overall this media technolgoy was vitial in the creation of my music video.Without it,i would'nt of been able to create a music video at all,or to a good standard.Having used this media technology i think on inital use it looked very complex to me and hard to use,but once i was confident within it offerd some really good tools to use that it was worth learning how to use it.It aided me throughout the whole process and there was not one option i could've needed that it didn't have,as it had it all and more.Looking back i would use the peice of software again if it was to conduct a similar type of project.Its quick,effecient and effective and allowed me to create a music video to a standard in which i really liked.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment