Wednesday 25 March 2015

Evaluation Question 3

Evaluation Question 3

What have you learnt from your audience feedback?


Conducting audience feedback on both my products was essential to my evaluation process.It enabled me to gather and obtain opinions on how to improve my already existing products.When it came to creating audience feedback,I had in mind the way in which i wanted to do it.I wanted to create broad platforms accessible to all different people in order to gather the most honest and useful feedback I could.Having this is mind,I decided to create different questions for my ancillary texts and music advert equally,so the questions weren't repetitive and i gained answers that were useful to me in order to improve if i felt necessary. I used different media platforms for this i created many polls and posted them onto my blog,i did this by using pollmaker.com.This enabled anonymous feedback on my blog,to people who were either directed there or were just looking at my blog themselves.It allowed me to obtain honest feedback where the people didn't have to leave a name.I did this because often people want to be nice or praise your work whether they spot the need for improvement or not,this is why i mixed my feedback with online platforms and in person.I also used Survey monkey,another interactive platform this time being a survey.This site allowed me to collate all the results and put them into graph which gave me a efficient overview of what people thought when it came  to looking at the feedback i gained.I interviewed 2 people as well and filmed this,i did this in the style of a focus group in order to gather immediate personal opinions from someone.This proved very successful,i printed out my ancillary texts and handed them to them when asking the questions.As i felt this gave them a chance to assess my work while giving an answer,therefore giving me much more helpful feedback rather than just a simple answer.I tailored my questions in order for them to require an in depth answer as well,as i felt this most appropriate for gaining answer that would benefit me.i then went on to create some questionnaires myself.I created them all the same,and handed them to people of ll different ages and gender,again,in the hope of gathering results that were varied and helpful to me.I then also sent the same questionnaire out online to those people i couldn't get the actual form to.By doing this it saved me alot of time,and proved very efficient on gaining feedback quickly as i received the online forms back quicker than the ones in person.

After having all my audience feedback out there for nearly 2 weeks i decided to collate all the current results together.After assessing the results and opinions of those but answered my questions i came to the overall conclusion that the general feedback on my products was very good with minor improvements that i could possibly make.I've learnt a lot form my audience feedback,alot more than i first anticipated when doing it.I was unaware as to how a different pair of eyes can spot something you may completely miss just by having them look at it instead of you.I quickly learnt what people liked and disliked about my products and the people generally were picking up on similar thing e.g font size,image placement. In.In contrast,i was also noticing the things i had done well as there was lots of compliments on the unique style of my advert and digipak and how because of this they deem it to be a successful product.Its given me a really in depth insight to what they thought of my products,it allowed me to go back and look at the issues they picked out and made me see if form a different point of view. Something i may not of done if i hadn't gathered this feedback.feedback. I've learnt how differently peoples ages and personal taste can effect their judgement.In my feedback i learnt that my products was much more popular with ages 15-35 rather than the older categories.This is probably based on the genre i chose(POP) as the current music is more targeted to that age of consumers.I noticed with those who weren't as interested in POP/were of an older age,had more criticism on my products.They gave me improvements on things,those who enjoy POP music complimented-which was very contrasting but interesting at the same time.I learnt that by conducting my audience feedback in different way for example online and in person,i felt enabled my feedback to be very honest.I feel interactively they don't have to physically tell you hat you could do better/change so are more inclined to there for direct you in the right way.Looking at the results once more,i felt overall i gained the most constructive criticism from those of the online survey on the SurveyMonkey site and also the online questionnaire forms i sent out.With these,i felt i got the most in depth responses that led me to make changes to my ancillary texts based on the collected results.

I learnt from my audience feedback mostly that, as i'm creating products to be bought by consumers they need to be appealing and fit for purpose in what they are.By conducting this feedback i learnt that to create a successful advert/music video and digipak its needs to be widely appreciated and liked by many.To do this it must follow conventions that are appealing to an audience and i feel my audience feedback showed me this.Following on from the results,i began to make changes to my products ever so slightly,i took on board the comments originally made by some and decided to act on it.Within my digpak i change some of the backgrounds and enhanced the size of the fonts within my music advert and changed some clips and shot lengths in the video.This made a big difference,and after changing i realized my self how much of a big difference it made,and i genuinely liked it a lot better than before-and i wasn't expecting to.This goes to show that what u learnt from mt audience feedback has really benefited and helped me improve my work,which i may not of done without it.I learnt difference in opinions with always occur depending on age,taste,style etc but its creating a product that is liked by the majority that is key.My audience feedback results taught me that little minor things can be changed to make the overall product a whole lot better.Its taught my outside insights and opinions are crucial to the process of making a successful product,and its also taught me audience feedback can have a really beneficial influence on how your products turns out just by a mixture of opinions coming together.

To conclude,carrying out my audience research proved extremely important to my work personally.It enabled me to change an improve elements i may have previously missed.Not only that,its taught me that others people opinions on your work are crucial.My results from the feedback were really positive and that made me very happy and confident within my work.Alongside this,the improvements stated was very fair and helpful and some were implemented into my final products.If i were do to my audience feedback process again,i would carry out more filmed focus groups on more people.Other than that i am very happy with what i've done.To finish,i  learnt that audience feedback can be very helpful despite whether you first deem it to be or not,its crucial in understanding other opinions can help your work improve in ways you may not of initially noticed.



Part 2

Audeince Theory and how it applied to my audience feedback




Focus Group:


When conducting my focus group i asked a varying range of ages in order to obtain a difference in opinions that would benefit me.From creating focus groups i learnt its really important to ask the right questions in order to get a beneficial answer from the person your asking.Before arranging to do the focus group i sat down and figured out what questions to ask in order for my focus group to be successful,i thought it depth my different ideas and even went back to my research in order to secure my questions in being right.I also looked back at existing blogs from other media students in order to see what they were asking and whether i could draw some ideas from them.By doing this i managed to get some inspiration but as my products are very different i had to tailor my own questions around what would generate me the best feedback.

While in the process of conducting my focus group i learnt the people i asked felt quite shy in font of the camera,there was a lot of nervous laughing which ment i had to re record my focus groups a few times because of this,which was something i didn't originally think about.I learnt that mostly the people feel slightly under pressure and sometimes they rushed my questions but i felt i did get quite a few in depth answer form the focus group,i believe this is because i created questions specifically that needed a lengthy response and dint require just a yes or no answer.From conducting audience feedback in the style of a focus group ive learnt that you can can a range of different opinions depending on the people asked.I also noticed  by giving the people i was asking my products physically,for example as you can see in my focus group i printed out my magazine and digipak so they could hold them whilst answering my questions.I learnt this was really helpful to the people i was asking,they seemed more engaged and could give me a definite answer as they were looking at my work consistently and then giving me an answer from them.They also had the opportunity to assess my work further when i asked the questions because it was right in front of them,and i feel this really allowed them to elaborate on their point because they could visually see what they were talking about at the same time.

I also learnt that focus groups arnt enough in terms of generating audience feedback.I feel because i personally videoing them and it was my work they were assessing i feel they may have felt obliged to giving me a nice and respectful answer and may not of given me as much criticism as they would've say if it was anonymously.This is why i also incorporated anonymous online feedback in order to balance my audience feedback out.Looking at the answers from my focus group they were generally very good,i've learnt from this specific piece of audience feedback that all opinions differ and i feel this is really captured within a focus group as their reactions to work were captured.Overall,i learnt focus groups are a really good form of collecting audience feedback,it gave me a chance to physically discuss my work with others and gather their thoughts on it.

Poll & Survey:


Looking back at my audience feedback were i created various polls and a survey I've learnt a lot form them.I created them initially as a way of mixing it up and generating online feedback also.From using these sites for audience feedback I've learnt they're really efficient,quick and a great way of collecting feedback.Here to the left is my results from one of the polls i created for my blog.As you can see in a short space of time i was generating lots of results for the poll,i posted this ion my blog open for anyone to answer themselves and it proved to work really well.Using the polls gave me quick answers as to whether people i thought i need to make improvements or not and gave me a general idea of what that majority of people were thinking.As you can see the results are generally very good and this was really reassuring.I've learnt from using polls that they are a helpful piece of technology in terms of gathering a majotive idea of what people think about your products,however the only down side is because you have to choose one answer they in some ways narrow the response the person may of wanted to make,and they hinder you from elaborating,so that's why i went on to create other forms of feedback to balance it out.out. I've learnt that i got feedback a lot quicker using polls during my project,they were really fast and entailed the least amount of hassle as its all done online.The feedback i got from there i was un sure as to who answered them,so i feel the feedback was very fair are truthful towards my products.


Looking at my survey,it used very similar principles just in a few different ways.Using a survey allowed me to send it out online as well as have it on my blog,people could access it form the Surveymonkey site or in any way they wanted to.Once again the feedback was online and anonymous and i collected even more results bu using this website.As you can see this website actually collated all my feedback results into a graph without me having to do anything,it was extremely efficient in doing so and made it so much easily to see a generally overview of what the outcome of the results were.By the amount of feedback results i got from using this surveymonkey website I've learnt that people are a lot more inclined to give feedback that's less hassle to do.from my project,that's what I've found out.I feel i gathered the most feedback online because of that reason,plus i feel people are more inclined to judge your work more harshly as your not there in front of them,which made it even nicer to see when the results were really good despite them being anonymous.

Looking back at my work as a whole I've feel I've learnt and developed a lot in terms of how to create things successfully in order for them to work-i feel my audience feedback is a great example of this.Using interactive platforms online was really helpful to me and re enforced the fact of how powerful the internet is nowadays and how many people would prefer to do things online because it reduces hassle and time.Because of this i felt my polls and survey were extremely successful and gave me some of the best results purely because they were interactively accessible online.


Questionnaires:

As a part of my audience feedback i also created questionnaires.I feel questionnaires are one of the most simple ways to collect feedback and have been around for a long time.As my aim was to include all different forms of feedback i decided to design personally and make my own questionnaires using Publisher.I drew them up fairly quickly as i had done some before in the past.I tailored the questions to be sepcidic but also included boxes where i ask them to 'Explain?' as a way to prompt them to elaborate on their points.I've learnt that by making questionnaires and handing them out to all different types of people takes a very long time.Once there handed out it can take weeks to get them back and sometimes the people i gave them to didn't bother bringing them back at all so this was a struggle i faced. Despite this i learnt questionnaire can be very helpful,the ones i did get back were full of writing and packed with really good advice and ways i could improve.Everyone i gave a questionnaire to answered all the questions on the sheet with all the Explain? boxes filled in also which was good.

Going back to my earlier point of how i didn't receive some back,i was a little disheartened as i really liked the questionnaires i made.So what i decided to do was actually send some of my questionnaires out online via email.This ment i could get my questionnaire to all type of different people quickly and i didn't have to wait to see them do it.It allowed me to keep my questionnaire the same,just hand them out in a different way.I quickly learnt this was successful as as you can see in my slide share of the answers,the ones i emailed out online came back the quickest.I was really surprised by this but because i conducted the audience feedback myself i learnt people found it most efficient to do it online,and this became a re occurring theme.

From the answers to my questionnaire they were all very positive,i learnt many people picked up on size of text in some places and others of image placement however on the whole there was a lot of compliments of my uniqe design and lots of appreciation for the elements i had included which was really refreshing to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment